VIDEO COMING SOON
You will need WindowsMedia to watch the video on this page. If you don't have it installed, you can download it here. It's Free!
Tom Farley is Managing Director of Farley BDG, a brand development consulting group he formed in 2008. He is also the President of The Chris Farley Foundation, named for his younger brother the late actor and comedian who died in 1997 as a result of substance abuse. In 2008 he co-authored the New York Times bestselling book, The Chris Farley Show, a Biography in Three Acts (Viking Press), which received national media attention and wide critical acclaim.
Tom Farley was born in Madison, Wisconsin and graduated from Georgetown University with a degree in Marketing. He spent over sixteen years as a marketing and communications executive in the New York City area, working on global brand initiatives for companies such as Citibank, KPMG, and Ernst & Young.
In 2002 Tom Farley began his consulting career by developing the strategic plan and brand components for the Chris Farley Foundation. He established the use of humor and other innovative communication methods as a means to deliver messages to kids, teens, and young adults on the dangers of drug and alcohol abuse. His first project for the Foundation was the launch of their website, and the production of two nationally run, award winning commercials that featured the cast of Saturday Night Live. From there, Tom Farley began work developing the unique, humor-based communications program that leverages the Foundation’s proven ability to attract and retain the attention of youth audiences. The program is workshop-based, and uses the experiential elements of Improvisation. It is also fully supported by the Foundation’s strong relationships within the entertainment industry and the use of culturally relevant spokespersons.
An entertaining and engaging public speaker, Tom Farley is frequently asked to provide his knowledge and experience on building successful brands. He has been a keynote speaker and presenter at numerous conferences, conducted briefings on Capital Hill and to state legislative committees and participated as a panelist at two branding conferences on the topic of developing a state brand for Wisconsin.
He has been featured in People Magazine and USA Today, and interviewed on Today, Good Morning America, The View, Fox News, Larry King Live, and featured in two CNN special reports on substance abuse. Tom Farley has received a number of awards for his prevention work, including the President’s Award at the 2006 PRISM Awards (the entertainment industry’s recognition for realistic depictions of substance abuse), and the South Carolina DEA’s Award of Honor, presented by First Lady Jenny Sanford.
· 2002: Foundation named as Wisconsin’s only Specialty RADAR Center - the largest · substance abuse prevention and treatment infrastructure in the country
· 2006: Tom Farley receives the President’s Award at the entertainment industry’s PRISM · Awards (given for realistic depictions of addiction in film industry) in Los Angeles
· · 2002: National media for the launch of The Chris Farley Foundation includes a feature in · People Magazine and Good Morning America interview
· 2002: Interviewed for www.theantidrug.com
· 2006: Tom Farley negotiates the use of Chris Farley’s image for an addiction treatment · program’s advertising campaign. Large billboards appear in LA and Hollywood and gain · nation media attention. Tom Farley is interviewed by Matt Lauer on the Today Show
· 2006: CNN comes to Madison, WI to interview Tom Farley and film the Foundation · conduct its core workshop program at a local middle school. The program is aired on · CNN’s Paua Zahn Live show
· 2007: Tom Farley appears on Larry King Live with Christopher Kennedy Lawford and · others to discuss dangers of substance abuse
Contact us to get more information on any of our speakers, including availability, speaking topics, fees and more.